11GQ w/Matt Enyart
11 Good Questions with:
Board Chair & Founder
Rainbow Kids & Families
1. What is your favorite word?
So… to be upfront, not really one to adhere to hard, fast rules. As will be reflected in most of my responses.
Four. I have four favorite words. Quixotic, Positive, Healthy, & Inclusive.
The first because why should we not hope for, attempt to will the ideal. The other three because they reflect the ideal for our community, country, and the world.
2. What do you value most in your friends?
The unshakable foundation they provide to stand upon, lean against. Oh, and when they randomly drop off delicious food. Hoping this press generates at least a few deliveries.
3. What natural gift would you most like to possess?
I’ve always struggled with learning new languages. Four years of Spanish & three years of American Sign Language and range is limited to ordering food and finding the bathroom. So yeah, I’d love to possess the gift of language acquisition.
4. Who, dead or alive, would you like to have lunch with?
So technically, not a rule deviation as you only imply one person. And I’ve given this one much thought. I would have a very long working lunch with Jane Addams, W.E.B DuBois, & John Dewey.
5. What is your favorite curse word?
6. Who would you like to see on a banknote?
Sorry, have to go serious on this one. Honestly, we need to rebuild the U.S. banknote all together. And when I say we, I mean a workgroup led by the historically marginalized groups who were forced to sacrifice, contribute the most towards our country’s creation.
7. If you were reincarnated as some other plant or animal, what would it be?
Whew, a lighter topic. Easy, a bird of prey that actually didn’t prey. Couldn’t do the killing, but talons are cool. So, a vegetarian bird of prey.
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
Acting, Stand-up comedy, & politics. (Basically, all the same skill set)
9. What profession would you not like to do?
Easy, any that involve the word formula.
10. What quality do you most admire in a person?
Principle & Heart.
11. What is your motto?
“It’s all about relationships, relationships, & relationships”. Oh, and “It’s on like Donkey Kong”. Yes, those two. Live by both in every aspect of my life.